A sensible person is like someone who is physically well-balanced and controlled, who stands up straight or still. A person who cannot control their emotions is like someone who falls over or cannot stand still.
- Our children have grown up to be stable, loving adults.
- Friends describe Laura as a well-balanced young woman.
- Being married makes me feel grounded.
- She was engaged to a solid young man called Frank.
- He's a steady kind of person, nothing fazes him.
- Jayne's very level-headed, while I'm more up and down.
- It's hard to keep your feet on the ground when you suddenly become famous.
- When he left her, she collapsed in a heap.
- I had a bit of a wobble but I'm all right now.
- Nothing ever seems to throw her off balance.
- I was just knocked sideways by what happened.