When you feel nervous it is like being pulled, tied or stretched tightly. When you relax, it is like becoming loose again.
- I was feeling a bit tense.
- I find running is a good way to release tension.
- Her voice was high and strained.
- There's no need to get so wound up about it.
- I've been really strung out lately.
- She's so high-strung, you have to be gentle with her.
- I felt taut and tense with nerves.
- I don't know why he gets so uptight about things.
- Her stomach seemed to be tying itself in knots.
- You should try to loosen up a bit.
- It's good to unwind at the end of the day.
- Just let go of all your worries.
- I told her to hang loose and stop worrying.
- It's a place where people can let their hair down.