Something you achieve is like a building, and the process of achieving it is like the process of building something.
Trying to achieve something is like cooking a meal, and you can do this well or badly.
- Can you give us your recipe for running a successful business?
- This plan is a recipe for disaster.
- Of all the half-baked ideas I’ve ever heard of, this is the craziest.
- I think we should put the whole question on the back burner for now.
- The proof of the pudding will lie in the deal he manages to strike.
- You know what they say about too many cooks: well, they certainly spoiled this particular broth!
- We’re not making much progress, so it’s time to throw something new into the mix.
- Now we’re really cooking!