Did you know?

Click any word in a definition or example to find the entry for that word

British pronunciation of 


view main entry for three-cornered adjective  /ˌθriː ˈkɔː(r)nə(r)d/
British English pronunciation: three-cornered
Click to listen to the pronunciation of three-cornered

This is the British English pronunciation of three-cornered.

View American English pronunciation of three-cornered.



to move your finger across the touch screen of a tablet or smartphone in order to move to a new page, make a choice, etc.

BuzzWord Article


A must for anyone with an interest in the changing face of language. The Macmillan Dictionary blog explores English as it is spoken around the world today.

global English and language change from our blog
Macmillan learn live love play