Language and words are like food, and the emotions that words express are like flavours.
Language and speech are like animal noises, especially when people are expressing particular attitudes or emotions.
- He barked out a series of orders.
- ‘I’ve so enjoyed our little chat,’ she purred.
- They were bleating about how unfair it all was.
- Ben grunted his agreement.
- The other team were crowing about their victory.
- ‘Get out of my way!’ he snarled.
- ‘What’s wrong now?’ he bellowed.
- They all hooted with laughter.
- ‘I knew this would happen,’ she cackled.
- He was braying about his latest successful sale.