Having an attitude of tolerance is like being in a broad, open space. Being intolerant is like being in a small, closed, and narrow space.
- My parents are very broad-minded.
- Anyone who works with young people needs to be open-minded.
- The scheme shows extraordinary breadth of vision.
- We were allowed a great deal of latitude in implementing the policy.
- It was big of them to offer to pay half the cost.
- He just closes his mind to new ideas.
- I couldn't believe anyone could be so narrow-minded.
- This was a very small-minded decision.
- We found the people dull and parochial.
- I thought such provincial attitudes were a thing of the past.
- It's a very insular community.
- I'm afraid some people can't see past the ends of their noses.
- He accused his opponents of having tunnel vision.