A friendly relationship between people is like warm, sunny weather. When people are unfriendly towards one another, it is like cold weather.
- They greeted us warmly when we arrived.
- They are very warm-hearted/cold-hearted people.
- I didn’t like him at first, but I soon warmed to him.
- She has a sunny disposition.
- Their friendly greetings were met with a frosty silence.
- We were given a rather chilly reception.
- He stared at us coldly.
- She treated us with cool indifference.
- The other two girls began to freeze her out.
- Observers have noted a thaw in Franco-American relations.