An aim or purpose that you want to achieve is like a place that you want to get to or a target that you want to hit.
- I haven't yet reached my goal.
- They are making every effort to reach an agreement.
- We want to achieve our ends by peaceful means.
- Many of the students are aiming for jobs in the media.
- This company has always aimed high.
- At last their goal was within reach
- She has set her sights on winning the championship.
- They went to great lengths to make us feel at home.
- We expect to meet our target of 100,000 members by the end of next year.
- Unless you reach for the stars, you'll never know what you can achieve.
- I wanted to take a shot at running my own business.
- It's a long shot but it might work.
- We're shooting for the number one spot in the computer games market.
- Would anyone like to have a stab at doing this?
Trying to achieve your aims is like reaching towards a physical object. When you achieve the thing you want, it is as if you are holding it.
- Success was finally within their grasp.
- We stretched ourselves to buy the house, but it was worth it.
- They've overstretched themselves financially.
- Like many ambitious people, he eventually overreached himself.
- Many people grasped at the opportunity to leave.
- If you want my advice, you should just go for it.