What are red words?
90% of the time, speakers of English use just 7,500 words in speech and writing.These words appear in red, and are graded with stars. One-star words are frequent, two-star words are morefrequent, and three-star words are the most frequent.
- We have been close friends since we were five.
- We were inseparable as children.
- The very first time that they met, they bonded immediately.
- I was very attached to him.
- The school encourages links between students and local businesses.
- He was left some money by a distant relative.
- Cracks appeared in the relationship.
- There was a growing rift between president and vice-president.
- The book describes the deep divisions within the administration.
- The party was torn apart.
- She had just split/broken up with her boyfriend.
- My parents separated when I was very young.
- The visit is part of an attempt to repair the relationship between the two governments.
- I'm glad to see that you two have patched things up.
- The meeting was designed mainly as a fence-mending exercise.
- The first step is to build bridges with the other side.
- She's very good at smoothing over the differences between conflicting parties.
- The agreement did no more than paper over the cracks.
This is the American English definition of relationship. View British English definition of relationship.