Your mind is like a container or area, with thoughts being stored there or going in and out.
- The memory of that day is still fresh in my mind.
- A few doubts remained at the back of my mind.
- Can’t you get it into your head that I’m not interested?
- His head is filled with useless facts and figures.
- I’ve been searching my memory, but I still don’t know who she is.
- Try to relax: empty your mind.
- I pushed/drove the thought out of my mind.
- It crossed her mind that he was lying.
- The idea never entered my head.
- The name was fixed/stuck in her mind.
- I have my suspicions, but I’m trying to keep an open mind.
- His mind is closed to any new ideas.