Macmillan Dictionaries in Transition
We have printed the last ever copies of the monolingual Macmillan Dictionaries. They will be available for sale while stocks last, but when those copies are sold out, Macmillan Dictionaries will exist solely as a digital resource, housed here at macmillandictionary.com. If you would like to find out more about our move from print to digital, read this press release and a more detailed discussion on Macmillan Dictionary Blog.
Buy Macmillan Dictionaries
Macmillan Dictionary Online brings you the full text of the print edition of Macmillan English Dictionary.
Buy the hard copy, and you will also benefit from:
- 16 pages of full-colour illustrations
- 50-page section of help to Improve your Writing Skills
- 24-page section to help you Expand Your Vocabulary
- 10 essays on topics such as Understanding Idioms, Word Frequency and the Dictionary, Differences between American and British English
- Geographical appendix listing the names and associated adjectives for all countries
- a complete list of the 2,500 words used in the definitions of Macmillan English Dictionary
- a CD-ROM with
- full Thesaurus (not just the first 10 synonyms)
- 140 animations
- over 100 exercises
- over 400 sound effects
- over 150 word stories
- Boolean search facility
- sound search – you've heard a word but don't know how to spell it? Search for it using the sounds instead of the letters.
- record your own pronunciation
- add notes, create your own customised wordlists
- Quick View – integrates the dictionary with your documents, emails and web pages. Hover over a word, and a definition pops up.
www.macmillanenglish.com online catalogue – buy print dictionaries:
Our other dictionaries are also available to buy:
Also available from partner companies: